September 8, 2019

Summer Recap



Yikes! August came and went and I didn't write a single post.

Summer zipped by in a blur and now Babs is starting Kindergarten. (LBR, we were all ready for her to go back to school.) Here are some of the summer highlights:

A lot of time has been spent tending to the garden this summer. My fridge and freezer are full of kale and my squirrel room is overflowing with pickles and pickled beets. Mr. Go likes to go outside to caress his tomatoes every morning and no, that's not a euphemism.


We picked 17 pounds of blackberries that are going to get turned into prison-wine this week and we gave ourselves whiplash packing and unpacking for 5 camping trips.


In August my company flew me out to Minneapolis to film some sewing tutorial videos and I spent several weeks prepping and stressing.

A friend of ours got married, Mr. Go fished a lot and I processed a whole bunch of stuff from the garden. (Oh my god so much kale.)


I helped my mom get my grandma and grandpa moved into the assisted living facility just up the road from me.

And of course, I published a book.

Hunting season is just around the corner so we're working furiously to consume the leftover things in our freezer from last year to make room.

Then it's going to be time to get ourselves out of this frigid tundra for a winter trip. Where to? I have no idea yet, but we should probably figure it out soon. I'm gonna go do that.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment